|
+ disclaimer
The M&B Corner is the place where I express everything that I have read about or exprerienced in my own views.All posts are of my personal views, though certain aspects will be altered. All views and comments are most welcome, although unsavory comments won't be tolerated and may be deleted at this blogger's discretion + profile
Your profile here.
+ communicate
+ tweets
|
Friday, February 19, 2010, 7:21 pm
Something about crushes and relationships
Acoording to the iPhone app Dictionary.com, crush, in an informal way, means an intense but usually short-lived infatuation. Relationship (noun) is a connection, association or involvement.So how do we decide what is a crush and how we can elevate this to a relationship? It's easy for me to say, for example, I have a crush on...err...(thinking of a Hollywood actress)....ah...Scarlett Johansson. There must be a reason why we have such crushes. Is it her talent, velvetly figure or just above the waist we are so interested in. Don't bother having a poll on this. To be honest, yes, I do have a small crush on her, however, as the definition explained, the key phrase is short-lived. Now, I have moved on. I do have some favourite actresses I love to watch them on the screen but I won't be mentioning them for now. In real, I do have a crush on someone during my poly days. Even some of my mates found out too, but eventually, I simply have no cojones to say directly to her that I have a crush on her. I still do think about it once a while. However, with all of us busy with our lives, there's limited time for us to meet and remiscent on the poly days. Hey, everybody's doing their thing with others but what about me?! Moving to the next stage to a relationship is not as easy as you think. On the contrary, it'a a complex operation of trust-building and preparing the foundations for a long-term stint as a pair. More so when a crush becomes a relationship. You made it clear you admire her (or vice-versa) and now its time to take it to the point where not only feelings for each other will be tested, also factors like knowing in depth about each other, knowing the things that each other want to know and the high point is meeting up with the folks. It's good if the accept the relationship but if otherwise, it's now a priority or an objective to convince them that each other is the right for each other. If that falters, then the inevtable will have to happen, the break-up. That I really hate. I'm not going to comment if that happens because either one are unfaithful. What I do concern is that happened because the folks simply said 'no', despite your feverous efforts. How are you going to move on and how you want to end it? It's simply so damn difficult. OT, I wonder if I believe in love at first sight. I thought it was simply bullshit. Especially when I'm not exposed to such situations. One look like in the movies and there's attraction? Hey, did not happen to me. They say love takes time. Ya. Anyway, I would take the chance and let it takes its course. If it happens, it happens. Otherwise....well, like the old adage, "Life goes on." |